We Want to Hear From You 

Thank you for taking the time to submit a concern, complaint, or compliment. One of the core values guiding the work we do is listening to feedback from local residents and patients. Our review, complaint, and compliment process provides patients, guardians, and family members with a means of registering a health care complaint or concern, and feedback on what is working well and what needs to improve to make your health experience better. 


Our process guarantees follow-up from one of our qualified team members and helps to identify potential health system issues and areas for improvement. We are committed to responding in a timely manner. All reported complaints will:

  • Be received with courtesy and recorded accurately
  • Be acted upon promptly and fairly
  • Be confidential 

Provincial Guiding Principles for Complaints Management

Our Patient Relations Office can be directly reached by phone at 519‑883‑5500 extension 5443 (toll-free 1‑888‑883‑3313) or by email at patient.relations.ww@lhins.on.ca. Someone will call you within 24 hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30am‑4:30pm.


  • When filing a complaint by email, please ensure you address the following questions: 

    • What is the name of the health care organization your concern involves?

    • What is your concern?

    • Who did you speak to at the health care organization? What did they say?

    • What would resolution of this complaint look like to you?


  • Please also provide:

    • Your name

    • City/town

    • Phone number

    • Your permission for the Waterloo Wellington LHIN to contact you regarding the specific concern.

    • Your understanding that the information you provided may be used by the Waterloo Wellington LHIN to address your specific concern.

About other Health Services Providers - If you have a compliment, concern or complaint about a health care service other than home care, please contact Ontario Health: 

Adam Roffel - Risk, Issues Management and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist

1-888-310-8881  x7360   |    Adam.Roffel@OntarioHealth.ca

Protecting Your Privacy

If you have a concern that requires us to collect your personal information and you would like us to follow up, our staff may need to collect your personal information in accordance with the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.  If we do need to collect your personal information, we will require your written consent.  Please click on one of the following consent forms, depending on your need:


If you have any questions about this collection and use of personal information or the consent form, please contact:

Waterloo Office:  519 883 5500 or 888 883 3313 (toll free)


If you have concerns that relate to services provided or to be provided to someone else and not to you, please contact our Privacy Officer directly for further instructions. If you wish to receive a copy of the Concern, Complaint, Compliment policy, please contact us


Additionally, if you wish to receive any information found on this site in an alternative format for accessibility purposes please email us here.

Contact Information for Local Health Care Providers

Complaint Resolution Contacts

Health Care Consent Act

The Health Care Consent Act (HCCA) is an Ontario law that has to do with the capacity to consent to treatment. 

FOI Requests

Request Form under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act/Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act - click here.

Patient Ombudsman

The Patient Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to Ontario’s hospitals, long-term care homes and community care access corporations (CCACs). To contact the Patient Ombudsman – click here

Ontario Ombudsman

The Ontario Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to public sector bodies. The Ontario Ombudsman does not investigate hospitals, long-term care homes and community care access corporations (CCACs).
Many health service providers have patient relation departments created to improve care and gather patient feedback. Be sure to connect with the appropriate health service provider’s patient relations department during the complaint process to ensure all parties are aware of any issues.

Regulated Health Professionals

All regulated health professionals belong to regulatory bodies called “Colleges”. If your complaint is only about a regulated health professional, such as a physician, nurse, physiotherapist, etc., you will need to contact the appropriate College. Click here for information.