Do you have someone in your life who is a hero?
- The neighbour who shovels your driveway.
- The personal support worker who makes you laugh, even in tough times.
- The family member who provides loving care 24/7.
- The care coordinator who takes time to listen and share.
- The volunteer who delivers smiles along with the meals.
These are just a few of the people who go above and beyond to provide care at home and in our community. They are unsung and often unseen heroes!
The Waterloo Wellington Heroes in the Home is an opportunity to recognize the special people who care for you or your loved ones.
It’s simple, here’s how it works:
Anyone can make a nomination (see the next page for the form). Tell us why you think your nominee is special. Nominees will be recognized annually. Your nominee and a guest will be invited to one of two events (one in Guelph-Wellington and one in Waterloo Region in the Fall of 2018) to receive their certificate and be publicly recognized. During the event, your nominee will receive a special certificate and Heroes in the Home pin.
Click on this link to fill out the Heroes in the Home Nomination Form online.
Click here for a PDF copy you can download, fill in and mail.
Make sure to fill it out with the person you are nominating. We need their information so we can get hold of them to invite them to the gala!