Position Description We Value…acting in the best interest of our residents’ health and well-being
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: VP, Home and Community Care
This position is responsible for providing executive support to one or more Leadership Team members, ensuring professional, timely, proactive support and communications to achieve the health system strategy. The Executive Assistant must have a keen understanding of the WWLHIN, its strategy and operations, confidence in referring/redirecting matters to other executives for action as appropriate and have confidence to act on behalf of the supported executive amongst internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates all administrative functions for the supported executive office, including establishing internal protocols, tracking systems and relevant administrative policies & procedures.
- Preparation of materials, briefing notes, PowerPoint presentations, letters etc.
- Establishes/maintains effective working relationships with members of the WWLHIN team, Board of Directors, government officials, stakeholders, other LHIN staff members.
- Reviews incoming materials to determine their disposition and initiate action required; follows up to resolve problems and ensure appropriate completion.
- Updates & advises executives on progress, problems & issues and recommends action.
- Assists and supports the senior leadership under the direction of the CEO in performing their support of the Board of Directors.
- May be required to provide back up support for governance activities.
- Coordinates critical issues management and ensures the executive is properly briefed on all significant matters arising within the LHIN.
- Deals with callers & visitors on high-level and contentious matters on the executive’s behalf.
- Researches/prepares/coordinates responses to a wide range of complex issues (e.g. briefing notes, news, releases, stakeholder complaints).
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to governance matters, executive support, business operations and other items of significance.
- Represents the LHIN by attending meetings and participating on corporate committees, internal planning groups, task forces and working groups on behalf of the executive.
- Initiates, plans and carries out a variety of special projects.
- Provides backfill capacity to the admin team as necessary.
- Provides administrative support to other committees/staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education/training in business, health administration or related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a professional role working with executives at a senior level.
- Proven ability to respond to a wide variety of issues and deal with unclear situations and conflicting demands.
- Experience with Boards of Directors, formal meeting procedures and rules of order are an asset.
- Excellent judgement in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required.
- Adept at balancing major concurrent tasks and projects.
- Good understanding of LHIN strategic objectives and priorities, and issues involved in LHIN operations.
- Excellent ability to see the big picture, anticipate problems, organize and coordinate appropriate responses.
- Superior interpersonal, oral communication and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise, comprehensive written reports.
- Knowledge of significant provincial health-care priorities, initiative, and issues.
- Knowledge of cyclical planning, review and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting governance policies, procedure and practice including meeting organization and appropriate follow up.
- Ability to act with tact and assertiveness in dealing with internal staff and stakeholders.
- Exemplary computer program skills (Microsoft office suite).
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at HR.WW@lhins.on.ca for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #17/A/29 before 4:30 p.m. on January 5, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail: HR.WW@lhins.on.ca). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.