Decision Support Specialist
141 Weber St., S., Waterloo ON, N2J 2A9
Closing: December 17, 2018
Schedule: Regular day shift.
Union: Non Union
Reporting: Manager, Decision Support
The Decision Support Specialist will lead, conduct and participate in the analysis of home care and health system data to support Waterloo Wellington LHIN business needs and enable evidence-based decision making. Reporting to the Manager, Decision Support, the Decision Support Specialist will act as a lead to team members as an expert in health system data and trends.
- Conduct needs assessments, environmental scans, analysis and synthesis of research with strong attention to detail
- Collaborations with all levels of leadership to provide integrated financial, statistical and clinical information to support evidence-based decision-making
- Establishing relationships and continuous liaising with government, public health, research and academic institutions to contribute to, and keep appraised of best practices in health information and emerging methodologies
- Provides project leadership to the Decision Support Team and internal WWLHIN stakeholders in development of metrics such as quality measures, process control points, and data/information definitions
- Develop and maintain comprehensive dashboards/reports and documentation related to supporting LHIN Operations and Annual Business Plan
- Ensure accuracy of data and reporting through validation and troubleshooting
- Monitor provincial reports and dashboards to identify emerging trends
- Manages own and team member project timelines by coordinating work to meet agreed upon timelines
- Acts as a lead and resource for team members on existing data sources and reporting methodologies
- Monitors information and reports, collaborating to escalate issues with Manager, Decision support as required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Act as expert in health system analysis and performance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree with specialization in Epidemiology, Health Economics, Biostatistics, Population Health or related health field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- Consideration may be given to equivalent education and work experience.
- Understanding of usage of data cubes in Excel or in report creation
- Expert at querying databases and validating results using SQL, SAS; report creation with SQL Server Data Tools
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Client Health and Related Information System CHRIS, CIHI (DAD, NACRS etc.) and CCO data elements to efficiently and accurately provide information to support the provision of services in an equitable and cost effective manner
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. regarding the provision of health care services, privacy, health and safety, etc.) specifically privacy legislation.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills to prepare clear reports and ability to explain complex technical information to leadership
- Experience in leading and managing projects with successful timely completion
- Understanding of health care delivery in Ontario
- Optimizes the use of already collected data (provincial and national) as well as identifying new data elements to enhance information for decision-making
- Experience using mapping software such as ArcGIS or other work be an asset
- Experience with MIS reporting is an asset
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #18-A-25 before 4:30pm on December 17, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY