Integrated Client Services Manager (FT)
St. Mary's General Hospital, 911 Queen's Blvd., Kitchener ON, N2M 1B2
Schedule: Regular day shift 8:30am to 4:30pm. This position may be subject to a location change.
Assignment: 1.0 FTE
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Closing: May 23, 2018
The integrated manager Client Services and Discharge Planning will provide corporate leadership in the effective discharge of patients from SMGH. Reporting to both LHIN and SMGH they will be the link between the 2 organizations supporting a seamless transition between hospital and community. The integrated manager will directly lead the WWLHIN care coordination teams, support the work of the interdisciplinary care teams within SMGH and liaise with the relevant community support teams.
This position requires a high level of independence and is expected to provide the leadership to ensure that objectives of the WWLHIN/SMGH are met.
- Plans, manages, and evaluates the delivery of discharge planning processes from SMGH emergency department and inpatient units through a broad subordinate structure including personnel assigned by the WW LHIN and SMGH.
- Liaise with hospital clinical teams, and support departments
- Works closely with the assigned management personnel and interdisciplinary teams of SMGH to ensure the philosophy of Home First is imbedded in those processes
- Participates as required with SMGH program leadership with respect to utilization /quality indicators in Senior Quality Team (Quarterly Reviews)
- Manages Patient Services teams involving recruitment, selection, coaching counselling and performance management.
- Manages Social Worker team within the hospital.
- Provides direction to staff regarding care coordination issues.
- Identifies staff and team training and skill development needs.
- Participates in budget development and monitoring and operational planning for the Division.
- Monitors client outcomes through the use of standardized tools.
- Participates in interagency meetings and committees to promote an integrated approach to service delivery.
- Collaborates with community stakeholders and interprets policies of the LHIN and SMGH to clients and/or their caregivers, and health care stakeholders.
- Provides primary contact for client/family complaints or issues not resolved by the care coordinator or SMGH team member.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for client services.
- Provides direction to staff related to legislation, policies and directives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years management experience working within a unionized healthcare environment
- Knowledge of WWLHIN and SMGH priorities, policies, practices and service standards an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation governing health care delivery
- Knowledge of direct care/care coordination models used in community health care
- Knowledge of local client service area health care needs and services
- Working knowledge of financial and statistical reporting
- Knowledge of quality improvement principles and processes
- Knowledge of legislation governing health care activities in Ontario
- Interpersonal, analytical, communication and diplomacy skills required
This position is included in the Manager, Patient Services on-call rotation schedule.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #18/A/19 before 4:30p.m. on May 23, 2018 to Human Resources (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.