Care Coordinator – Wound Care Short Stay (TFT up to 6 months)
141 Weber St., S., Waterloo ON, N2J 2A9
Closing: October 11, 2018
Schedule: Regular day shift
Rate of Pay: $33.95 - $45.26 per hour
Reporting to: Manager, Patient Services
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Conducting eligibility and service needs assessments for clients referred to LHIN for in home or placement services;
- Developing, initiating and co-ordinating individualized care plans for eligible clients, and providing ongoing resource management and discharge planning as appropriate;
- Conducting alternate planning for non-eligible clients, and providing program interpretation/education to hospital and community agency staff, long term care facilities, physicians, clients and families;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and application of case management principles and practices acquired through membership in good standing, with the appropriate college, as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist or Speech Language Pathologist, or membership in good standing with the College of Social Work, with a degree at the Master’s level.
- Proven skills in the areas of case management, assessment, communication, interviewing, problem solving, interpersonal and leadership within a team based setting is required.
- Wound Care management experience and wound education (IIWCC) is preferred.
- The ability to work independently in a highly organized manner is required.
- Minimum of one year of community care coordination and/or hospital care coordination experience is preferred.
- This position also requires proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a windows networked environment, using Word and database software.
- The ability to travel throughout Waterloo Region and Wellington County is required.
- Fluency in French language preferred.
This position may be required to provide relief at other LHIN locations or teams as needed and may be part of the on call rotation as per the provisions of the ONA collective agreement.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #19-O-02 before 4:30pm on January 24, 2019 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.