Bilingual Patient Experience Specialist (1.0 FTE)
141 Weber Street South, Waterloo ON, N2J 2A9
Schedule: Regular day shift.
Closing: May 23, 2018
The Bilingual Patient Experience Specialist provides exceptional client service support to French-speaking residents across Waterloo Wellington. The Specialist also supports effective communications and community engagement in French as part of the Waterloo Wellington LHIN’s commitment to improve the patient experience for French-speaking residents.
The Specialist also provides administrative support to the team, including filing, photocopying, meeting-booking, note-taking, and other duties as assigned.
- Provides an exceptional client experience through answering inbound calls and making it easy for patients to get the information they need
- Supports the development and implementation of improvements to client service practices to serve French-speaking residents
- Supports patient relations in responding to and working to resolve patient concerns or barriers in a timely manner and escalates when appropriate.
- Documents ongoing feedback of patient experiences with a goal of continuing to enhance and identify potential improvements.
- Works with the Waterloo Wellington LHIN’s Patient and Family Advisory Committee and patient and family advisors to improve the patient experience.
Communications and Community Engagement
- Monitors French media and summarizes key points
- Reviews and drafts correspondence as needed in French
- Monitors, maintains, and develops French content for social media sites for the WWLHIN
- Prepares patient information packages in both official languages
- Supports the development of French patient resources
- Posts French content to the WWLHIN website and microsites, utilizing various content management systems.
- Supports the Manager, Patient Experience and French Language Services Coordinator in effectively engaging the francophone community
- Assists in development of PowerPoint presentations
- Assists in proofreading of communications materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires completion of a two-year Post-secondary program in communications, business administration, health care, or French.
- Two to three relevant office experience Bilingual (French and English)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively and actively engage members during telephonic outreach
- Detail oriented, well organized, and efficient
- Strong computer skills with a strong proficiency of Microsoft Office and other web-based solutions.
- Experience working with content management systems, integrated social media platforms, and analytical tools such as google analytics an asset.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under challenging deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- High level of comfort working individually or as part of a team.
- Complete discretion with sensitive information and sensitive situations.
- Passion for helping to make it easy for residents to be healthy, and to get the care and support that they need.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting competition #18/C/20 before 4:30pm Wednesday May 23, 2018 to Human Resources (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY