Disclosure of Expenses*
The Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network (Waterloo Wellington LHIN) is one of 14 LHINs established by the Government of Ontario as community-based organizations to plan, fund, and integrate health services at the local level, including hospitals, long-term care homes, community support services, community care access centres, community health centres, and addictions and mental health services.
The Waterloo Wellington LHIN is the sixth fastest growing LHIN and home to approximately 775,000 residents, representing 5.6 per cent of Ontario’s total population. It is expected that the Waterloo Wellington LHIN will experience a population growth of 16.2 per cent between 2009 and 2022.
The Waterloo Wellington LHIN covers approximately 4,800 square kilometres of land. Almost 90 per cent of the Waterloo Wellington LHIN’s total geographic space is rural, and 90 per cent of residents live in urban areas. The Waterloo Wellington LHIN stretches from Proton Station in the north to Ayr in the south, Clifford at its most westerly point and Erin to the east. It also encompasses the major urban centers of Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener and Waterloo.
The Waterloo Wellington LHIN is committed to being open and transparent with stakeholders and the general public. Further to the Waterloo Wellington LHIN's commitment is our compliance with the Public Sector Expenses Review Act, 2009. Implemented on November 30, 2009, this act was created to strengthen and reinforce accountability, transparency, and oversight of government expense claims. As per direction received from the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, this webpage includes Board Member and Senior Staff expense reports, as they engage with our stakeholders in managing the local health system. All expenses are in accordance with the government's Travel, Meal & Hospitality Expenses Directives.
* Expenses are posted by fiscal year quarter as indicated by the dates below. Please note that reports reflect expenses paid in the quarter although they may relate to expenses incurred at other times.
Who does this directive apply to at the WWLHIN?
- All Board Members
- Chief Executive Officer
- Vice President, Finance & Corporate Services
- Vice President, People Culture & Organizational Development
- Vice President, Contracts, Decision Support, & Process Improvement
- Vice President, Patient Experience, Planning, & Performance
- Vice President, Home and Community Care
- Executive Lead, Primary Care
Current Members Board of Directors
Former Members Board of Directors
Current Senior Staff
- Zeynep Danis - Vice President - Finance & Corporate Services
- Andrew Davidson, Vice President - People Culture & Organizational Development
- Bruce Lauckner - Chief Executive Officer
- Karyn Lumsden, Vice President - Patient Services Administration
- Steven Harrison, Vice President - Health System Design, Integration and Population Health
- Kunuk Rhee, Vice President - Clinical
Current Executive Leads
- Elliot Fung, Executive Lead - Innovation and Strategic Partnerships
- Connie MacDonald, Executive Lead - Communications and Community Engagement
Former Senior Staff
- Sandra Hanmer Chief Executive Officer - Departed September 27, 2010
- Glenn Holder Chief Information Officer - Departed September 23, 2011
- Stewart Sutley Chief Information Officer - Departed
- John Ruetz Senior Director - Departed February 2014
- Dale Maw Acting Chief Information Officer - Departed
- Jacqui Tam Chief Communications & Community Engagement Officer - Departed October, 2014
- Gloria Cardoso - Senior Director, Health System Integration - Departed
- Rob Forbes, Vice President, Contracts, Decision Support, & Process Improvement - Departed
- Toni Lemon, Vice President, Patient Experience, Planning, & Performance - Departed
The act and its regulations, government news release and background information are available for review.